Monday, August 2, 2010

Gay Rights

Just what does gay rights mean? I didn’t know they needed other rights than normal people. Of course, I don’t understand most straight people’s aversion to gay relationships. How about if all people had the SAME rights? The thing that makes me a Libertarian is that I don’t believe the government OR others should infringe on an individual’s rights. It is NOT MY RIGHT to tell others what they can or can’t do, as long se what they are doing doesn’t infringe on my rights. Of course, it’s not my right to tell people they have to be tolerant of others, either. There are some things where I’m not tolerant but don’t think we need government regulation to fix. I have friends that are not tolerant of gay marriage and that’s fine… but they have no right to infringe on the rights of those that are gay. Does that make sense?

No comments:

Post a Comment